2019-20 Cummings Handbook
Statement of Assurances
Purpose of Student Agendas
Acceptable Use Policy
Discipline Policy and Procedures
Do things that do not cause problems for anyone else.
If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
If you cannot solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
What I do will depend on the special person, and the special situation.
If you feel something is unfair, we will talk about it before the end of the day.
2. Enjoy your lunch and raise your hand if you need something.
3. Please stay in your seat and talk quietly to friends at your table.
4. Please clean up after yourself and your area and stay in your seat until you are dismissed.
5. Please stop talking when the lights are turned off and supervisors clap.
6. Walk quietly down the hall.
2. Stay outside unless you have permission to go inside.
3. For your safety, do not throw snowballs or other objects.
4. Stay within the track boundaries unless accompanied by an adult.
5. Ask playground adults for help.
6. Have fun and play nicely!
1. A warning or a choice.
2. Redirected to a different activity.
3. Removal of play privileges, time out, and note or call to parents.
*Any behavior fitting our school definition of Bullying/Aggression will result in consequences outlined on our Consequence Rubric.
- You will have fun, enjoy your lunch and play games.
- You will receive Bulldog Bucks.
- You may be given special privileges by the supervisor.
Dress and Appearance
2. Pants worn too low (sagging) or excessively large clothing is not permitted. Pants must be worn at the waist and belts must be fastened at the waist.
3. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
4. Any top which exposes a midriff on persons of either gender is unacceptable. Shirts or tops that expose an excessive amount of shoulder or torso are not allowed. These include, but are not limited to, tank tops, tube tops, sleeveless shirts, or shirts with “spaghetti straps.”
5. Any clothing which makes reference to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or sex is not permitted.
7. Headgear (hats, caps, scarves, sweatbands, etc.) may not be worn in the school building except on specifically designated days.
8. Forms of dress, hairstyle or adornment that interfere with the normal operation of the school or draw attention to oneself in a manner that may be disruptive to the educational process are not allowed.
Food Service — Breakfast & Lunch
2. Money for lunch or milk will be collected daily and deposited into each child’s account. Every student is given a lunch card that is bar coded with their student number. Each time a child purchases a lunch or milk, the appropriate amount is automatically deducted from the balance in his/her account.
3. Lunch money should be sent in an envelope with the child’s name, grade and teacher listed.
4. Lunch menus can be viewed and lunch money and accounts can also be managed online by visiting the food service link on the Grandville Public Schools website.
5. Glass bottles are not allowed for students who choose to bring a cold lunch to school.
Library and Media Center
Lockers and Student Desks
Lost and Found
Messages and Phone Use
Pets and Specimens in School
• Wait for your bus in a safe place, well off the roadway.
• Enter your bus in an orderly manner and take your seat immediately.
• Follow the instructions of your bus driver.
• Remain in your seat while your bus is in motion.
• Keep your head and arms inside the bus at all times.
• Keep aisles clear at all times.
• Remain quiet and orderly.
• Be courteous to your driver and fellow passengers.
• Be alert to traffic when leaving the bus.